Calories Out is a fitness application that records the daily physical activity such as walking and jogging. The user is provided with statistical data such as total calories burned, total time, distance and the average speed.
Physical activity is becoming a challenge in the developed world where it has become a low priority. Most weight control programs focus is on diet rather than a whole lifestyle that includes excercise as the central point for fitness and balance. It is a well known factor that the level of physical activity can be a measure of a healthy life.
Calories Out application helps in determining the level of daily physical activity by saving the activities and displaying the results over time. One major feature of Calories Out is recording the physical activity using a background service without the need for the user to start and stop the application. The user checks his level of activity by displaying the results between two chosen dates.
Below are the main characteristics of Calories Out:
- Automatically detect walking and jogging activities when carrying device.
- The activity data is saved on the device for statistical display on demand.
- The saved activity data includes distance, speed, weight and calories burned.
- Display activity statistics between two calendar dates on request.
- Walking and Jogging activities are automatically detected by device sensors.
- Linear acceleration and Gps location data are used to calculate the distance and speed.
- Device motion not related to walking or jogging is filtered.
- Avg Speed- The avg speed of the activity in km/hr or mile/hr.
- Duration- The activity total duration.
- Distance- The distance travelled.
- Calories Burned- The total calories burned based on weight, activity speed and duration.
- Peak Speed- The Peak speed reached during a manually triggered activity.